Thank you for your interest in writing for MeditationMag.com!
MeditationMag.com is a collaborative community of meditators, helping each other along on our personal and collective paths.
We are always happy to publish helpful, well-written, value-adding articles, from members of the MeditationMag community. You don’t need to be a guru, a teacher, or even a long-time meditator in order to submit an article idea. Even if today was your first attempt at meditation, we’d love to hear about your experience!
If you have something you’d like to write about, please email your article ideas to email@example.com ? We cannot guarantee that your article will be featured on MeditationMag.com, but if you follow the instructions below, we will do our best to make it happen.
Recommendations for first-time contributors:
1. MEDITATION: The post should focus mainly on meditation. If you‘re writing about another topic (like Yoga, or Health, or Depression, etc), the article should be focused on how that topic ties into meditation. For example, you might write about how you used meditation to cope with depression, or how meditation has improved your yoga practice, etc.
2. ARTICLE TOPICS: We really like the following types of articles (but we’re open to other topics as well):
- Personal stories of how meditation (or similar practices) affected your life, helped you overcome a specific problem (anxiety, depression, productivity, relationships, etc), helped you heal from something, helped you grow in a certain way, etc. The more specific you are about the circumstances, the more personal, real, and heartfelt your story will be.
- Adventure / travel stories about a spiritual quest, visiting a master / monastery / ashram / etc, or searching for something (if you have cool photos and/or videos that would be extra awesome)
- Stories about your personal mission, what you‘re doing in the world, etc, and how that relates to meditation. Ideally it should be something about how you‘re doing something to make the world a better place.
- Personal experiences you‘ve had with a spiritual master, things you learned from your teacher, etc.
- Personal insights and/or realizations you‘ve gained through meditation. The more recent & raw the realization, the more real and heartfelt your article will be.
- New scientific studies about meditation, a summary of recent studies, etc. The best is if it’s your own study, but writing a discussion of other recent studies is good as well.
- Meditation news, events, new products, etc.
- How-To-Meditate techniques and tutorials. Please take a look at our “how to meditate” section first, to make sure we don’t already have a recent article on your particular type of meditation. We love featuring all kinds of meditative / spiritual practices from all around the world.
3. PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITES/SOCIAL-MEDIA: We are glad to help you promote your own spiritually-related work. You can mention it in your article, or you can talk about it in your author-bio (see section #6, below). You can also send us links to all your social media accounts / websites / etc that you want to promote, and we can include them as social media links below your author bio. Just please make sure that your article is chiefly focused on providing value to readers, rather than promoting yourself.
4. NUMBER OF WORDS: If you think your work will need to be edited, or if English is not your first language, please keep the post on the short side (300-500 words). The editing process can take a lot of time. Otherwise, if you‘ve already attained the rank of level-9 grammar ninja, and you‘re confident that your work won’t need much editing, feel free to send longer articles.
5. ORIGINAL CONTENT ONLY: We only accept original articles and blog posts that have not yet been published on the internet.
6. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR POST:
- You send us your article ideas, along with any links that you might have to your website, social media, etc, so that we have a general idea of who you are and what you want to write about.
- If we like one of your article ideas, we’ll let you know, and you can write up a rough draft as a google doc.
- Send us the rough draft, as an editable google doc. We’ll mark up the google doc with edits and/or comments, and you produce the final draft.
- Send us the final draft, along with a short (preferably under 70 words) author-bio and a recent photo of yourself. If you want to promote your work, this is a great place to do it.
- We’ll do any fine-edits that need to be done, and publish your article.
- If you want to write multiple articles, we are happy to accept your submissions!
Please submit all article ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for reaching out.
May you be well.